November 9, 2020
1. CONGRATULATIONS to SW, and everyone at Volk Packaging, for securing an additional 3 years on our sole sourcing contract with XXX. For the 2nd year in a row, XXX has landed on the YYY list of the 5,000 Fastest Growing Companies in America. In 2020, they hit 000, which is amazing! This is a terrific customer and now we know they will be until the end of 2023.
2. In addition, last week MF locked up a 3-year sole source contract with ZZZ. It is always good to know we have some customers committed for several years ahead.
3. We are very close to securing the building at 20 Morin Street. I have signed the lease, so now we are just waiting for them to sign it. It is 52MSF so it would allow us to get out of Pomerleau Street, and possibly Sterling. It will be so nice to have the fulfillment business, which we are calling VOLK PACK, in the new building that includes exciting features like actual loading docks, heat, a break room, and bathrooms. And not making Ben or Radford take so many trips to Pomerleau Street near the ice rink will be a huge time and money saver. We hope to have confirmation on the deal in the next day or so.
4. As some of you may have heard, October was the largest sales month in the history of the company! It was the first month we have ever exceeded $4MM in a single month. In addition, Thursday of last week was the biggest single sales day on record. While these are big accomplishments for the sales team, we are all very aware that these records are a Volk Packaging team effort that would not be possible without the hard work and dedication of every single person in the building. So, thank you and congratulations!
5. I know I have said this a million times, but until this COVID nightmare is behind us I will probably say it a bunch more times. While we are not making them mandatory, we encourage everyone to wear masks for the safety of yourself and your co-workers. Anything you can do to be socially distant is recommended. Somehow, we have made it to November 9 without a COVID case at Volk Packaging. I imagine at some point we will get one, but we can all take steps to prevent it, so let’s do what we can.
6. Lastly, now that the election is over the country can hopefully get focused on rebuilding our economy from the COVID shutdown. Whether your candidates won or lost, we have customers expecting quality boxes on time and at a fair price. We will continue to work hard every day to make that happen regardless of who is working for or against us in D.C. or Augusta.
I hope we did better than this in 2020. 😊